Reasons to Hire a Real Estate Agent
- A real estate agent is professionally trained to ensure that the sale of your house proceeds smoothly. When trouble arises, your agent will let you know when you need a lawyer.
- A real estate agent can negotiate with potential buyers and their agents in your place. The agent must act on your instruction and must tell you about offers. Your real-estate agent will be particularly helpful if the potential buyer is extremely demanding.
- A real estate agent regularly talks to other agents. Word-of-mouth is an extremely effective way of finding buyers.
- A real estate agent may be able to provide referrals of qualified home inspectors and contractors should your home need additional repairs or if it needs to be brought up to code (to comply with housing rules).
- A real estate agent can help you fill out the paperwork you will need before you offer your home.
- An experienced real estate agent can help you get your house ready for sale, point out housing-code or zoning violations, and suggest improvements to help your house sell.
- If you try to sell your home by yourself, you might not be listed and buyers’ agents won’t bring your home to their clients’ attention. Also, some buyers are not comfortable about looking at your house while you’re there too, because they feel inhibited about discussing things they don’t like.
- A real estate agent knows the real estate market in your area, has access to data about recent sales in your neighborhood, and can help you price your home accordingly.